1. Holbert F, Unnithan NP. Free will, determinism, and criminality: The selfperception of prison. J Crim Justice 1990; 18(1): 43-53.
2. Danesh Parvar H. [Articles of first international conference on the reduction of prison sentences]. Tehran: Raahe Tarbiat; 2007. (Persian)
3. Bolhari J, Bayanzadeh SA, Taghizadeh R. [Substance abuse assessment in Iran prisons]. Quarterly journal of addiction research 2003; 1(3): 13-51. (Persian)
4. Ireland JL, Archer J. Impulsivity among adult prisoners: A confirmatory factor analysis study of the Barratt Impulsivity Scale. Pers Individ Dif 2008; 45: 286-92.
5. Hirsh J, Peterson JB. Extraversion, neuroticism, and the prisoner's dilemma. Pers Individ Dif 2009; 46(3): 254-6.
6. Ramluggun P, Lindsay B, Pfeil M. Research in prison: a researcher-practitioner's view. Nurse Res 2010; 17(3): 60-71.
7. Black DW, Gunter T, Loveless P, Allen J, Sieleni B. Antisocial personality disorder in incarcerated offenders: Psychiatric comorbidity and quality of life. Ann Clin Psychiatry 2010; 22(2): 113-20.
8. Agbahowe SA, Ohaeri JU, Ogunlesi AO, Osahon R. Prevalence of psychiatric morbidity among convicted inmates in a Nigerian prison community. East Afr Med J 1998; 75(1): 19-26.
9. Lamb HR, Weinberger LE. Persons with severe mental illness in jails and prisons: A review. Psychiatr Serv 1998; 49(4): 483-92.
10. Fasher AM, Dunbar N, Rothenbury BA, Bebb DK, Young SJ. The health of a group of young Australians in a New South Wales juvenile justice detention centre: A pilot study. J Paediatr Child Health 1997; 33(5): 426-9.
11. Jemelka R, Trupin E, Chiles JA. The mentally ill in prisons: A review. Hosp Community Psychiatry 1989; 40(5): 481-91.
12. Gune J. Psychiatric aspects of prisoners with psychiatric disorder. Br Med J 1978; 303: 338-41.
13. Roth LH, Ervin FR. Psychiatric care of federal prisoners. Am J Psychiatry 1971; 128(4): 424-30.
14. Petrich J. Psychiatric treatment in jail: An experiment in health-care delivery. Hosp Community Psychiatry 1976; 27(6): 413-5.
15. Skegg K, Cox B. Impact of psychiatric services on prison suicide. Lancet 1991; 338(8780): 1436-8.
16. Anderson M. Mental illness and criminal behaviour: A literature review. J Psychiatr Ment Health Nurs 1997; 4(4): 243-50.
17. Melamed Y. Mentally ill persons who commit crimes: punishment or treatment? J Am Acad Psychiatry Law 2010; 38(1): 100-3.
18. Mohammadi A. [The impact of prison on mental health]. Correction and rehabilitation journal 2008; 7(81): 41-8. (Persian)
19. Ashkani H. [Epidemiology of mental disorders in Adel Abad male prisoners in Shiraz]. Iraninan psychiatry and clinical psychology 2002; 2(30): 4-10. (Persian)
20. Palahang H, Vakilzadeh SB, Daris F. [Frequency of personality disorders in prisoners male in Shahrekord prison]. Iraninan psychiatry and clinical psychology 2003; 8(3): 57-65. (Persian)
21. Zoccali R, Muscatello MR, Bruno A, Cambria R, Cavallaro L, D'Amico G, et al. Mental disorders and request for psychiatric intervention in an Italian local jail. Int J Law Psychiatry 2008; 31(5): 447-50.
22. Blaauw E, Roesch R, Kerkhof A. Mental disorders in European prison systems. Arrangements for mentally disordered prisoners in the prison systems of 13 European countries. Int J Law Psychiatry 2000; 23(5-6): 649-63.
23. Teplin LA. Psychiatric and substance abuse disorders among male urban jail detainees. Am J Public Health 1994; 84(2): 290-3.
24. Tiihonen J, Hakola P. Psychiatric disorders and homicide recidivism. Am J Psychiatry 1994; 151(3): 436-8.
25. Abdolhadi B, Frooghan M, Dadkhah A, Delavar A. [Personality disorders in female prisoners in Tehran and Karaj]. Social welfare quarterly 2004; 3(12): 301-9. (Persian)
26. Shams A, Bolhari J. [Psychological training for prisoners]. Tehran: Raahe Tarbiat; 2006. (Persian)
27. Jalali-Tehrani SMM. Integration therapy. In: Corsini R. (editor). Handbook of innovative therapy. 2nd ed. New York: John Wiley; 2001: 321-31.
28. Beck AT. Manual for the Beck Depression Inventory-II. San Antonio: Psychological corporation; 1996.
29. Beck AT, Epstein N, Brown G, Steer RA. An inventory for measuring clinical anxiety: Psychometric properties. J Consult Clin Psychol 1988; 56(6): 893-7.
30. Fata L, Birashk B, Atef Vahid MK, Stephen Dobson K. [Meaning structures/schemas, states of emotional and cognitive processing of emotional information: Comparison of two conceptual frameworks]. Iraninan psychiatry and clinical psychology 2005; 11(3): 312-27. (Persian)
31. Ebrahimi A, Molavi H, Mousavi GH, Borna Manesh AR, Yaghoubi M. [Psychometric properties, factor structure, clinical cut-off point, sensitivity and specificity of 28 item general health questionnaire (GHQ-28) in Iranian patients with psychiatric disorders]. Journal of research in behavioural sciences 2007; 5(1): 5-12. (Persian)
32. Johnson BW. The Coopersmith self-Esteem inventory: A construct validation study. Educ Psychol Meas 1983; 43(3): 907-13.
33. Olyaii N, Afshar Moghadam F, Birashk B, Lavi Majd H. [Effects of personal growth group on self-esteem of nursing students in Shaheed Beheshti Faculty of Nursing and Midwifery in Tehran]. Journal of nursing and midwifery, Shahid Beheshti 2005; 15(2): 3-11. (Persian)
34. Gussak D. The effects of art therapy on male and female inmates: Advancing the research base. The arts in psychotherapy 2009; 36(1): 5-12.
35. Gussak D. The effectiveness of art therapy in reducing depression in prison populations. Int J Offender Ther Comp Criminol 2007; 51(4): 444-60.
36. Johnson JE, Zlotnick C. A pilot study of group interpersonal psychotherapy for depression in substance-abusing female prisoners. J Subst Abuse Treat 2008; 34(4): 371-7.
37. Blitz CL, Wolff N, Shi J. Physical victimization in prison: The role of mental illness. Int J Law Psychiatry 2008; 31(5): 385-93.
38. Gussak D. The effects of art therapy with prison inmates: A follow-up study. The arts in psychotherapy 2006; 33(3): 188-98.
39. Ireland JL, Boustead R, Ireland CA. Coping style and psychological health among adolescent prisoners: A study of young and juvenile offenders. J Adolesc 2005; 28(3): 411-23.