1. Arefin A, Bashar K, Asha MM, Bhuiyan FP, Tithi MK, Haque M. Internet dependency and its association with
depression among the students of north south university of Bangladesh. EC psychology and psychiatry 2016; 1(2): 44-8.
2. Anderson EL, Steen E, Stavropoulos V. Internet use and problematic internet use: a systematic review of longitudinal
research trends in adolescence and emergent adulthood. Int J Adolesc Youth 2017; 22(4): 430-54.
3. Abdel-Salam DM, Alrowaili HI, Albedaiwi HK, Alessa AI, Alfayyadh HA. Prevalence of internet addiction and its
associated factors among female students at Jouf University, Saudi Arabia. J Egypt Public Health Assoc 2019; 94(1):
4. Machimbarrena JM, González-Cabrera J, Ortega-Barón J, Beranuy-Fargues M, Álvarez-Bardón A, Tejero B. Profiles
of problematic internet use and its impact on adolescents’ health-related quality of life. Int J Environ Res Public Health
2019; 16(20): 1-17.
5. Efrati Y, Amichai-Hamburger Y. The use of online pornography as compensation for loneliness and lack of social ties
among Israeli adolescents. Psychol Rep 2019; 122(5): 1865-82.
6. Scot B. Aggression and depression factors in pornography use of college aged individuals. Dissertation. Hartford,
University of Hartford, Trinity College, 2017: 1-36.
7. Olmstead SB, Negash S, Pasley K, Fincham FD. Emerging adults' expectations for pornography use in the context of
future committed romantic relationships: A qualitative study. Arch Sex Behav 2013; 42(4): 625-35.
8. Kraus SW, Voon V, Potenza MN. Should compulsive sexual behavior be considered an addiction? Addict 2016;
9. Chen L, Jiang X. The assessment of problematic internet pornography use: A comparison of three scales with mixed
methods. Int J Environ Res Public Health 2020; 17(2): 1-14.
10. Chowdhury RH, Chowdhury MR, Kabir R, Perera NK, Kader M. Does the addiction in online pornography affect
the behavioral pattern of undergrad private university students in Bangladesh? Int J Health Sci 2018; 12(3): 67-74.
11. Young B. The impact of timing of pornography exposure on mental health, life satisfaction, and sexual behavior.
MS. Dissertation. Provo: Brigham Young University, College of Family Life, 2017: 1-54.
12. Wilburn BS. Examining the effects of pornography on the individual and the family. MA. Dissertation. Illinois:
Eastern Illinois University, Graduate Faculty, 2016: 1-81.
13. Weaver JB, Weaver SS, Mays D, Hopkins GL, Kannenberg W, McBride D. Mental- and physical-health indicators
and sexually explicit media use behavior by adults. J Sex Med 2011; 8(3): 764-72.
14. Levin ME, Lillis J, Hayes SC. When is online pornography viewing problematic among college males? Examining
the moderating role of experiential avoidance. Sex Addict Compul J 2012; 19(3): 168-80.
15. Willoughby BJ, Carroll JS, Busby DM, Brown CC. Differences in pornograhy use among couples: Associations with
satisfaction, stability, and pornograhy use and loneliness relationship processes. Arc Sex Behav 2015; 45(1): 145-58.
16. Tylka TL. No harm in looking, right? Men’s pornography consumption, body image, and well-being. Psychol Men
Masc 2015; 16(1): 97-107.
17. Rabadi L, Ajlouni M, Masannat S, Bataineh S, Batarseh G. The relationship between depression and internet
addiction among university students in Jordan. J Addict Res Ther 2017; 8(6): 1-8.
18. Haand R, Shuwang Z. The relationship between social media addiction and depression: a quantitative study among
university students in Khost, Afghanistan. Int J Adolesc Youth 2020; 25(1): 780-6.
19. Armstrong L. American Psychiatric Association. Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders. 5th ed.
Washington. D.C.: American Psychiatric Publishing; 2013: 370-71.
DEPRESSION AND PORNOGRAPHY ABBASI AND ESLAMI
Fundamentals of Mental Health, 2020 Sep-Oct http://jfmh.mums.ac.ir 318
20. Perry SL. Pornography use and depressive symptoms: Examining the role of moral incongruence. Soc Ment Health
2017; 8(3): 195-213.
21. Mattebo M, Tydén T, Häggström-Nordin E, Nilsson KW, Larsson M. Pornography consumption and psychosomatic
and depressive symptoms among Swedish adolescents: a longitudinal study. Upsala J Med Sci 2018; 123(4): 237-46.
22. Yoder VC, Virden TB, Amin K. Internet pornography and loneliness: An association? Sex Addict Compuls J 2005;
23. Butler MH, Pereyra SA, Draper TW, Leonhardt ND, Skinner KB. Pornography use and loneliness: A bidirectional
recursive model and pilot investigation. J Sex Marital Ther 2017; 44(2): 127-37.
24. Rotenberg KJ, MacDonald KJ, King EV. The relationship between loneliness and interpersonal trust during middle
childhood. J Genet Psychol 2004; 165(3): 233-49.
25. Cacioppo JT, Hawkley LC, Thisted RA. Perceived social isolation makes me sad: 5-year cross-lagged analyses of
loneliness and depressive symptomatology in the Chicago health, aging, and social relations study. Psychol Aging 2010;
26. Tras Z. Internet addiction and loneliness as predictors of internet gaming disorder in adolescents. Educ Res Rev 2019;
27. Pereyra SA. Pornography use and loneliness: Assessing correlations using tree associative models. M.A. Dissertation.
Provo: Brigham Young University, School of Family Life, 2016: 1-40.
28. Jafarzadeh Fadaki SM, Amani P. [Relationship of love and marital satisfaction with pornography among married
university students in Birjand]. Journal fundamental of mental health 2015; 17(5): 240-6. (Persian)
29. Khaleghian A, Sajjadian I, Fatehizade M, Manshaei G. [The study of mediating role of attitude toward pornography
and self–control in the relationship between religious commitment and tendency to internet pornography]. Journalof
social psychology researches 2020; 9(36): 55-72. (Persian)
30. Meyers LS, Gamst G, Guarino AJ. Applied multivariate research: Design and interpretation. 3
rd ed. New York: Sage;
31. Rajabi Gh. [Psychometric properties of Beck depression inventory short form items (BDI-13)]. Journal of
developmental psychology 2005; 1(4): 28-35. (Persian)
32. Faro A, Pereira CR. Factor structure and gender invariance of the Beck Depression Inventory–second edition (BDIII) in a community-dwelling sample of adults. Health Psychol Behav Med 2020; 8(1): 16-31.
33. Ditommaso E, Spinner B. The development and initial validation of the social and emotional loneliness scale for
adults (SELSA). Pers Individ Diff 1993; 14(1): 127-34.
34. Guimarães ALA, Nunesda FP, Alves MGM, Guimarães C, Lohana C, da Silva N, et al. [Social and emotional
loneliness scale for adults]. Ciencias Psicolol 2019; 13(2): 283-95. (Spanish)
35. Jokar B, Salimi A. [Psychometric features of the short form of SELSA-S adult social and emotional loneliness].
Journal of behavioral sciences 2012; 5(4): 311-17. (Persian)
36. Reid RC, Li DS, Gilliland R, Stein JA, Fong T. Reliability, validity, and psychometric development of the
pornography consumption inventory in a sample of hypersexual men. J Sex Marital Ther 2011; 37(5): 359-85.
37. Baltieri DA. Gatti LS, Oliveira H, Aguiar J, Silva SA. A validation study of the Brazilian version of the pornography
consumption inventory (PCI) in a sample of female university students. J Forens Leg Med 2016; 38(4): 81-6.
38. Kafka M. Paraphilia-related disorders: The evaluation and treatment of nonparaphilic hypersexualit. NewYork:
Guilford; 2000: 150-3.
39. Laier C, Brand M. Mood changes after watching pornography on the Internet are linked to tendencies towards
Internet-pornography-viewing disorder. Addict Behav Rep 2017; 5(4): 9-13.
40. Demir Y, Kutlu M. The relationship between loneliness and depression: Mediation role of Internet addiction.
Educational process 2016; 5(2): 97-105.
41. Munoz-Rivas MJ, Fernández L, Munoz-Rivas MJ, Fernández L, Gamez-Guadix M. Analysis of the indicators of
pathological internet use in Spanish university students. Span J Psychol 2010; 13(2): 697-707.
42. Özdemir Y, Kuzucu Y, Ak S. Depression, loneliness and internet addiction: How important is low self-control?
Comput Hum Behav 2014; 34: 284-90.
43. Tsai CC, Lin SS. Internet addiction of adolescents in Taiwan an interview study. Cyberpsychol Behav 2003; 6(6):
44. Nolen-Hoeksema S, Fredrickson B, Loftus GR, Lutz C. Introduction to psychology. United States: Cengage Learning;
45. Lewinsohn PM, Graf M. Pleasant activities and depression. J Consult Clinic Psychol 1973; 41(2): 261-68.
46. Su X, Zhou AN, Li J, Shi LE, Huan X, Yan H, Wei C. Depression, loneliness, and sexual risk-taking among HIVnegative/unknown men who have sex with men in China. Arch Sex Behav 2018; 47(7): 1959-68.
47. Torres HL, Gore-Felton C. Compulsivity, substance use, and loneliness: The loneliness and sexual risk model
(LSRM). Sex Addict Compul 2007; 14(1): 63-75.