1. Polanczyk GV, Salum GA, Sugaya LS, Caye A, Rohde LA. Annual research review: A meta-analysis of the
worldwide prevalence of mental disorders in children and adolescents. J Child Psychol Psychiatry 2015; 56(3):
2. Beidel DC. Social phobia. In: Morris TL, March JS. (editors). Anxiety disorders in children and adolescents. 2nd ed.
New York: Guilford; 2014: 141-63.
3. Nowruzi M, Michaeli F, Eisa Zadegan A. [Prevalence of social anxiety disorder among students of Urmia
University]. Urmia medical journal 2016; 27(2): 155-66. (Persian)
4. Abbasi Asl R, Naderi H, Akbari A. [Predicting social anxiety in female students based on personality traits]. Journal
of fundamentals of mental health 2016; 18(6): 343-9. (Persian)
5. Salina M, Ng CG, Gill JS, Chin JM. Social anxiety problem among medical students in university Malaya medical
center (UMMC) – A cross-sectional study. Malaysian journal of psychiatry 2008; 17(2): 17-22.
6. Rosal MC, Ockene IS, Ockene JK, Barrett SV, Ma Y, Hebert JR. A longitudinal study of student’s depression at one
medical school. Acad Med 1997; 72(6): 542-6.
7. Smith E, Rieger E. The effect of attentional bias toward shape- and weight-related information on body
dissatisfaction. Int J Eat Disord 2006; 39(6): 509-15
8. Bower GH. Mood and memory. Am Psychol 1981; 36(2): 129-48.
9. Williams JMG, Watts FN, McLeod C, Mathews A. Cognitive Psychology and Emotional disorders. 2nd ed. Chicester,
England: Wiley; 1997.
10. Azad Falah P, Dadsetan P. [Brain/behavioral systems: Biological structures of personality]. Modarres human
sciences 2000; 4(1): 63-82. (Persian)
11. Corr PJ, Perkins AM. The role of theory in the psychophysiology of personality: From Ivan Pavlov to Jeffrey Gray.
Int J Psychophys 2006; 62: 367-76.
12. Erdle S, Rushton JP. The general factor of personality, BIS-BAS, expectancies of reward and punishment, selfesteem, and positive and negative affect. Pers Individ Dif 2010; 48: 762-6.
13. Gray JA, McNaughton N. The neuropsychology of anxiety: An enquiry into the functions of the septo hippocampal
system. 2nd ed. New York: Oxford University Press; 2000.
14. Kimbrel NA, Mitchell JT, Nelson – Gray RO. An examination of the relationship between behavioral approach
system (BAS) sensitivity and social interaction anxiety. J Anxiety Disord 2010; 24(3): 372-8.
15. Kimbrel NA, Nelson-Gray O, Mitchell JT. BIS, BAS and Bias: The role of personality and cognitive bias in social
anxiety. Pers Individ Dif 2012; 52: 395-400.
16. Ghasem Khani A, Hajizadeh Beek K, Kahriz F, Salimzadeh Kahriz A. [The role of parenting styles and cognitive
emotion regulation strategies in predicting social anxiety]. Proceeding of International Conference on Modern Research
in Management, Economics, Law and Humanities, Shiraz, Kazeroon Islamic Azad University, 2016. (Persian)
17. Clark DM, Wells A. A cognitive model of social phobia. In: Heimberg RG, Liebowitz MR, Hope DA, Schneier
FR. (editors). Social phobia: diagnosis, assessment, and treatment. New York: Guilford; 1995: 69-93.
18. Hofmann SG. Cognitive factors that maintain social anxiety disorder: a comprehensive model and its treatment
implications. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. 2007; (36):195–209.
19. Fosca GM. Beyond the parent-child dyad: Testing family systems influences on children's emotion regulation.
Ph.D. Dissertation. Faculty of Philosophy, Marquette University: Milwauke, Wiscansin, 2010.
20. Garnefski N, Boon S, Kraaij V. Relationships between cognitive strategies of adolescents and depressive
symptomatology across different types of life events. J Youth Adolesc 2003; 32: 401-8.
21. Garnefski N, Legerstee J, Kraaij V, Van Den Kommer T, Teerds J. Cognitive coping strategies and symptoms of
depression and anxiety: A comparison between adolescents and adults. J Adolesc 2002; 25: 603-11.
22. Garnefski N, Kraaij V. Relationships between cognitive emotion regulation strategies and depressive symptoms:
A comparative study of five specific samples. Pers Individ Dif 2006; 40: 1659-69.
23. Gross JJ. Handbook of emotion regulation. New York: Guilford; 2010.
24. Hasani J, Sheikhan R, Aryanakia A, Mahmoudzadeh A. [Adolescent social anxiety: The role of attachment styles
and cognitive emotion regulation strategies]. Developmental psychology 2013; 9: 363-76. (Persian)
25. Haghshenas H, Mousavi M, Farnam R. Evaluation of personality aspects in patients with panic disorder. Psychiatry
and clinical psychology 2006; 6(3): 10-17. (Persian)
26. Carver CS, White TL. Behavioral inhibition, behavioral activation, and affective responses to impending reward
and punishment: The BIS/BAS Scales. J Pers Soc Psychol 1994; 67(2): 319-33.
27. Mohammadi N. [The psychometric properties of the Behavioral Inhibition System (BIS) and Behavioral Activation
System (BAS) scales among students of Shiraz University]. Daneshvar Raftar 2008; 15: 61-8. (Persian)
SOCIAL ANXIETY AND BRAIN-BEHAVIORAL SYSTEM MORADI MOHAMMADIPOUR, SOLIAMANIAN
Fundamentals of Mental Health, 2020 Sep-Oct http://jfmh.mums.ac.ir 284
28. Majarshin R. [Relation of inhibition and activation system with implicit memory bias in depressive individual].
Dissertation. University of Tabriz, 2007. (Persian)
29.Hassani J. [Psychometric properties of cognitive emotion regulation questionnaire]. Clinical psychology 2010; 3(7):
30. Abdi R, Birashk B, Mohammad Aliloo M, Asgharnejad Farid A. Interpretation bias in social phobia. Journal of
Tabriz University 2005; 4: 143-59. (Persian)
31. Connor KM, Davidson JR, Churchill LE, Sherwood A, Foa E, Weisler RH. Psychometric properties of the Social
Phobia Inventory (SPIN) New self-rating scale. Br J Psychiatry 2000; 176: 379-86.
32. Abareshi A, Hosseini S. [Structural equation modeling]. Tehran: Jame'eh Shenasan; 2012.
33. Mulaik SA, James LR, Van Alstine J, Bennett N, Lind S, Stilwell CD. Evaluation of goodness-of-fit indices for
structural equation models. PsycholBull 1989; 105(3): 430.
34. Corinaly BA (Hons). The relevance of reinforcement sensitivity theory to social anxiety and response to cognitive
behavioral therapy for social anxiety disorder. Ph.D. Dissertation. University of Tasmania, 2011.
35. Kashdan TB, Roberts JE. Affective outcomes in superficial and intimate interactions: Roles of social anxiety and
curiosity. J Res Pers 2006; 40: 140-67.
36. Osfori M, Soruri M, Karsazi H, Bayrami M, Hashemi T. [Evaluation the role of BAS/BIS in social anxiety disorder
is due to the effects mediated cognitive bias]. The journal of Urmia University of Medical Sciences 2017; 28(1): 1-13.
37. Garnefski N, Kraaij V. Cognitive coping and psychological adjustment in different types of stressful life events.
Individ Diff Res 2009; 7: 168-81.
38. Legerstee JS, Garnefski N, Verhulst FC, Utens EMWJ. Cognitive coping in anxiety-disordered adolescents. J
Adolesc 2011; 34: 319-26.
39. Garnefski N, Rieffe C, Jellesma F, Terwogt MM, Kraaij V. Cognitive emotion regulation strategies and emotional
problems in 9-11 Year old children: The development of an instrument. Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 2007;16(1):1-9.
40. Rusch S, Westermann S, Lincoln TM. Specificity of emotion regulation deficits in social anxiety: An internet study.
Psychol Psychother 2012; 85: 268-77.
41. Gross JJ, Thompson RA. Emotion regulation: conceptual foundations. In: Gross JJ. (editor). Handbook of emotion
regulation. New York: Guilford; 2007: 3-24.
42. Morrison AS, Heimberg RG. Social anxiety and social anxiety disorder. Ann Rev Clin Psychol 2013; 9: 249-74.
43. Tashkeh M, Bazani M. [Predicting social anxiety by emotional schemes and cognitive emotion regulation in male
and female students]. Kurdistan journal of medical sciences 2015: 83-72. (Persian)
44. Kimbrel NA. A model of the development and maintenance of generalized social phobia. Clin Psychol Rev 2008;
45. Coplan RJ, Wilson J, Frohlick SL, Zelenski J. A person-oriented analysis of behavioral inhibition and behavioral
activation in childhood. Pers Individ Dif 2006; 41: 917-27.
46. Corr PJ. Gray's reinforcement sensitivity theory: Tests of the joint subsystems hypothesis of anxiety and
impulsivity. Pers Individ Dif 2002; 33(14): 511-32.
47. Garratt G, Ingram RE, Rand KL, Sawalani G. Cognitive processes in cognitive therapy: Evaluation of the
mechanisms of change in the treatment of depression. Clin Psychol Sci Pract 2007; 14(3): 224-3.
48. Suveg C, Zeman J. Emotion regulation in children with anxiety disorders. J Clin Child Adolesc Psychol 2004; 33:
49. Hannesdottir D, Ollendick DH. The role of emotion regulation in the treatment of child anxiety disorders. Clin
Child Fam Psychol Rev 2007; 10: 275-93.
50. Muris P, Meesters C, Dekanter E, Timmerman P. Behavioral inhibition and behavioral activation system scales for
children: relationships with Eysenck's personality traits and psychopathological symptoms. Pers Individ Dif 2005; 38: