1. Ching S, Thoma A, McCabe RE, Antony M. Measuring outcomes in aesthetic surgery: A comprehensive review of the literature. Plast Reconstr Surg 2003; 111(1): 469-80.
2. Zamani SN, Fazilatpour M. [cosmetic surgery’s effect on self-esteem and a negative self-image]. Journal of Kerman University of Medical Sciences 2013; 20(5): 492-504. (Persian).
3. Pearl A, Weston J. Attitudes of adolescents about cosmetic surgery. Ann Plast Surg 2003; 50(6): 628-30.
4. Kaplan H, Sadock B. [Synopsis of psychiatry: Behavioral sciences/clinical psychiatry]. Pourafkari N. (translator). Tehran: Shahr-e-Ab; 2010. (Persian).
5. Zeigler-Hill V, Chadha S, Osterman L. Psychological defense and self-esteem instability: Is defense style associated with unstable self-esteem? J Res Pers 2008; 42: 348-64.
6. Kiff J. Defense mechanism. J Psychother 2010; 63: 87-99.
7. Swami V, Charnorro-Premuzic T, Bridges S, Furnham A. Acceptance of cosmetic surgery: Personality and individual difference predictors. Body Image 2009; 6: 7-13.
8. Smith ER, Mackie DM. Social psychology. 3rd ed. Philadelphia: Psychology press; 2000: 89-107.
9. Mohammadpanah Ardakan A. [Personality traits and defense mechanisms in patients seeking for cosmetic surgery]. Thesis for the Degree Master of Science (Arts) In General Psychology.Azarbayjan University of Shahid Madani. 2011. (Persian).
10. Masoudzadeh A, Karkhaneh Yousefi M, Tirgari A. [The comparison between personality models and rhinoplasty applicants’ general health status and control group]. Journal of Shahed University 2009; 16(82): 53-8. (Persian)
11. Cramer P, Jones CJ. Defense mechanisms predict diverential lifespan change in Self-control and Self-acceptance. J Res Pers 2007; 41:841–855.
12. Pouraghajan SH, Azadfallah P, Atri A. [Assessment of ego development and tendency to the cosmetic surgery]. Journal of behavioral sciences 2008; 2(1): 43-50. (Persian)
13. Mousavizadeh M, Niyazi Shahraki F, Kalantar Hormozi A, Fadayi Naeeni A, Nasri Lari M. [The assesment of females patients motivations in cosmetic surgeries]. Journal of Shahid Beheshti University of Medical University 2009; 6(72):303-318. (Persian)
14. Rabbani R, Keyvanara M, Jiyanpour M. [Social grouping and body improvement: Cosmetic surgery as symbol of social base]. Womens strategic studies 2010; 12: 73-93. (Persian)
15. Solvi AS, Foss K, Soestc TV, Roaldd HE, Skolleborgd KC. Holtea A. Motivational factors and psychological processes in cosmetic breast augmentation surgery. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 2010; 63(4): 673-80.
16. Mohammadpanah Ardakan A, Yousefi R. [Assessment of beliefs about appearance and inferiority feeling in cosmetic surgery candidates]. Journal of dermatology and cosmetic 2011; 2(2): 85-97. (Persian)
17. Mohammadpanah Ardakan A, Yaghoubi H, Yousefi R. [Personality traits and defense mechanisms in patients seeking for cosmetic surgery]. Journal of dermatology and cosmetic 2012; 3(2): 72-82. (Persian)
18. Henderson-King D, Henderson-King E. Acceptance of cosmetic surgery: Scale development and validation. Body Image 2005; 2(2): 137-49.
19. Nakamura Y, Mulliken JB, Belfer ML. Cross-cultural understanding of aesthetic surgery: The male cosmetic surgery patient in Japan and the USA. Aesth Plast Surg 2000; 24: 283-8.
20. Tousi P, Barikbin B, Arbabi M, Saati S. [The assessment of 116 applicants’ botulinum toxin reffered to private clinics in Tehran]. Journal of Iranian dermatology 2007; 10(2): 125-29. (Persian)
21. Cramer Ph. Personality change in later adulthood is predicted by defense mechanism use in early adulthood. J Res Pers 2003; 37: 76-104.
22. Fathi Ashtiani A, Dastani M. [Psychological tests: Personality and mental health]. Tehran: Besat; 2009: 53-356. (Persian)