1. World Health Organization. World No Tobacco Day 2011. [cited 2011]. Available from: http://www.who.int/tobacco/2011/announcement/en
2. Kaplan CP, Napoles-springer A, Stewart SL, Perez-stable EJ. Smoking acquisition among adolescents and young Latinas: The role of socioenvironmental and personal factors. Addict Behav 2001; 26(4): 531-50.
3. Acton GS. Measurement of impulsivity in a hierarchical model of personality traits: Implications for substance use. Subst Use Misuse 2003; 38(1): 67-83.
4. Parkes KR. Smoking and the essence personality dimensions: An interactive model. Psychol Med 1984; 14: 825-34.
5. Spielberg CD, Jacobs GA. Personality and smoking-behavior. J Pers Assess 1982; 46: 396-403.
6. Arai Y, Hosokawa T, Fukao A, Izumi Y, Hisamichi S. Smoking behaviour and personality: A population based study in Japan. Addiction 1997; 92: 1023-33.
7. Breslau N, Kilbey MM, Andreski P. Vulnerability to psychopathology in nicotine-dependent smokers: An epidemiologic study of young-adults. Am J Psychiatry 1993; 150(6): 941-6.
8. Lee-Baggley D, Preece M, Delongis A. Coping with interpersonal stress: Role of big five traits. J Pers 2005; 73(5): 1141-80.
9. David JP, Suls J. Coping efforts in daily life: Role of big five traits and problems appraisals. J Pers 1999; 67(2): 65-94.
10. Fischer LA, Elias IW, Ritza K. Predicting relapse to substance abuse as a function persondity dimentions. Alcohol Clin Exp Res 1998; 22(5): 1041-7.
11. Mann LS, Wise TN, Trinidad A, Kohanski R. Alexi thymia, affect recognition, and five
factors of personality In substance abusers. Percept Mot Skills 1995; 81(1): 35-40.
12. Asarian F, Omidi AB, Akbari H. [Investigation psychological and personality characteristic of young male narcotic addicts in Kashan City]. Feyz-Kashan University of Medical Sciences 2004; 8(29): 37-42. (Persian)
13. Rezvanfar M, Ekhtiyari H, Makri A, Kaviyani H. [The relation between impulsivity and personality characters with nicotine dependent in smoking people]. Advances in cognitive science 2007; 9(4): 33-49. (Persian)
14. Ghaleiha A, Farhadi Nasab A, Zarabian MK, Matinnia N. [Comparative survey of mental disorders and personality characteristics in persons with drug dependent and non drug dependent in Hamadan]. Hamadan University of Medical Sciences 2008; 2(15): 42-7. (Persian)
15. Ketabi S, Maher F, Borjali A. [The Study of personality profile of drug addicts using two of the personality theory Cloninger and Eysenck]. Journal of addiction 2008; 2(7): 45-55. (Persian)
16. Aghayousefy A. [Latest approaches in psychotherapy (Theorical foundation and practical strategies]. 1st ed. Ghom: Shahriyar; 1999: 217-307. (Persian)
17. Folkman S, Lazarus RS, Dunkel-Schetter C, DeLongis A, Gruen RJ. Dynamics of a stressful encounter: Cognitive appraisal, coping, and encounter outcomes. J Pers Soc Psychol 1986; 50(5): 992-1003.
18. Connor-Smith JK, Flachsbart C. Relations between personality and coping: A meta-analysis. J Pers Soc Psychol 2007; 93(6): 1080-107.
19. Murberg TA, Bru E, Stephens P. Personality and coping among congestive heart failure patients. Pers Individ Dif2002; 32(5): 775-84.
20. Carver CHS, Connor Smith J. The annual review of psychology is online at downloaded from psych.annualreviews.org. Personality and coping 2010; 61: 679-704.
21. Robinson SM, Walsh J. Cognitive factors affecting abstinence among adolescent polysubstance abusers. Psychol Rep 1994; 75(1 Pt 2): 579-89.
22. Samooeie R, Ebrahimi A, Moosavi SG, Hasanzadeh A. [Strees coping skills in addicts]. Journal of research in medical sciences 2002; 7(2): 175-6. (Persian)
23. Sohrabi F. [Students against drug use and HIV vulnerability. Paper presented at the meeting as a scientific research study of youth drug use and HIV vulnerability]. Shaghiegh Cultural Corporation, Tehran, 2008. (Persian)
24. Seyam SH. [Drug abuse prevalence between male students of different universities in Rasht in 2005]. Tabib-e-shargh, journal of Hormozghan University of Medical Sciences 2007; 8(4): 279-85. (Persian)
25. Ghorosse Ghoreshi MT. [New concepts in evaluation of personality]. Tabriz: Daneial; 2001: 72-87. (Persian)
26. Haghshenas H. [The validity of the NEO-FFI]. Iranian journal of psychiatry and clinical psychology 1999; 4(4): 38-46. (Persian)
27. Mousavi GH, Rohafzar M, Sadeghi M. [Cigarette and other substances use in students and their parents]. Journal of research in medical sciences 2002; 3(8): 57-9. (Persian)
28. Mohamad K, Zali M, Masjedi M, Majdzade R. [Smoking status in Iran. The plan health and disease based on the result]. Journal of medical council of Islamic Republic of Iran 1998; 16(1): 33-7. (Persian)
29. Ghafari A, Kiya N. [The prevalence of cigarette smoking in medical student at Kerman University of Medical Sciences]. Medical journal of Hormozgan University 1999; 3(1): 25-30. (Persian)
30. Hashmi N. [The prevalence of cigarette smoking in male student at Yasuj University of Medical Sciences]. Armaghan Danesh 2001; 6(23): 43-7. (Persian)
31. Masjedi MR. [Smoking condition in Iran and the world, Abstract of article of the 1st Congress of Non-communicable Diseases Prevention]. Journal of Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences 2001; 3: 11. (Persian)
32. Aghamolaiee T, Zare S. [Pattern of smoking and water-pipe smoking in adolescent over 15 years in Bandar Abbas. A population study]. Journal of Hormozgan University of Medical Sciences 2006; 15(4): 241-6. (Persian)
33. Shoja M, Joubari L, Ghorbani M, Sanagou H, Kiakajouri Z, Arganji H. [Prevalence and cause of smoking among the dormitories student in Golestan University of Medical Sciences]. Pejouhandeh 2010; 15(3): 123-8. (Persian)
34. Malekafzali H, Ahmadzade V. [The study smoking in the street resident 13 Aban, Tehran]. Journal of Teb va Tazkiyeh 1998; 7(31): 48-50. (Persian)
35. Sohrabi F. [Smoking in the mirror of research]. 1st ed. Tehran: Madreseh; 1989: 42-3. (Persian)
36. Chapman S. [Why smokers to begin and continue cigaretes smoking?]. Rouhshahbaz K. (Translator). Journal of world's health 1995; 1: 40-6. (Persian)
37. Majidpour A, Hamidzadeh Arbabi Y, Abbasgholizadeh N, Noursalehi E. [Prevalence and causes of tendency to cigarette smoking amoung student in Ardabil University of Medical Sciences]. Jornal of Ardabil University of Medical Sciences 2005; 5(3): 266270. (Persian)
38. Abedini S, Kamalzadeh Thakhti H, Sadeghifare E, Shahrakivahed A. [Cigarette Smoking amoung medical students of Bandar Abbas University of Medical Sciences]. Journal of Hormozgan University of Medical Scienses 2008; 11(4): 297-302. (Persian)
39. McCormick RA, Dowd ET, Quirk S, Zegarra JH. The relationship of NEO-PI performance to coping styles, patterns of use, and triggers for use among substance abusers. Addict Behav 1998; 23(4): 497-507.
40. Jazayeri A. [Study and comparison between personality traits and coping strategies in opium abuser between ages of 30-36 years]. MA. Dissertation. Tehran, 2002. (Persian)
41. Terracciano A, Costa P. Smoking and the five-factor model of personality. Addiction 2004; 99(4): 472-81.
42. Tofani H, Javanbakht M. [Dysfunction attitudes and coping strategies in narcotic addict and non narcotic addict]. Iranian journal of psychiatry and clinical psychology 2001; 7(1-2): 55-62. (Persian)
43. Heydari Pahlavian A, Amirzargar M, Farhadinasab AA, Mahjoub H. [Comparing personality characteristic of addicts with non addicts in Hamadan]. Journal of Hamadan University of Medical Sciences 2003; 10(2): 55-62. (Persian)