1. Karila L, Weinstein A, Aubin H-J, Benyamina A, Reynaud M, Batki SL. Pharmacological approaches to methamphetamine dependence: A focused review. Br J Clin Pharmacol 2009; 69(6): 578-92.
2. EMCDDA: European Monitoring Center for Drugs and Drug Abuse. Annual report 2008: The state of the drug problem in Europe. [Cited 2009 November]. Available from: URL; http://www.emcdda.europa.eu
3. Barr A, Panenka W, McEwan W, Thornton A, Lang D, Honer W, Lecomte T. The need for speed: an update on methamphetamine addiction. J Psychiatry Neurosci 2006; 31: 301-13.
4. Sadock BJ, Sadock VA. Kaplan and Sadock's pocket handbook of clinical psychiatry. 4th ed. Arjmand M. (translator). Tehran: Arjmand; 2005: 132-7. (Persian)
5. Graham RB. Physiological psychology. Saremi A, Rajaie A. (translator). Mashhad: Beh-Nashr; 1990: 553-6. (Persian)
6. Chang L, Cloak C, Patterson K, Grob C, Miller EN, Ernst T. Enlarged striatum in abstinent methamphetamine abusers: A possible compensatory response. Biol Psychiatry 2005; 57: 967-74.
7. Thompson PM, Hayashi KM, Simon SL, Geaga JA, Hong MS, Sui Y, et al. Structural abnormalities in the brains of human subjects who use methamphetamine. J Neurosci 2004; 24: 6028-36.
8. Baicy K, London ED. Corticolimbic dysregulation and chronic methamphetamine abuse. Addiction 2007; 102 (Suppl 1): 5-15.
9. Aron JL, Paulus MP. Location, location: using functional magnetic resonance imaging to pinpoint brain differences relevant to stimulant use. Addiction 2007; 102 (Suppl 1): 33-43.
10. Volkow ND, Li TK. Drug addiction: The neurobiology of behavior gone awry. Nat Rev Neurosci 2004; 5: 963-70.
11. Goldstein RZ, Volkow ND. Drug addiction and its underlying neurobiological basis: neuroimaging evidence for the involvement of the frontal cortex. Am J Psychiatry 2002; 159: 1642-52.
12. National Institute on Drug Abuse. NIDA research report: Methamphetamine abuse and addiction. 2006 September. (NIH Publication No. 06-4210). Available from: URL; http://www.drugabuse.gov/sites/default/files/rrmetham.pdf
13. Gray JA, McNaughton N. The neuropsychology of anxiety: An enquiry into the functions of the septohippocampal system. New York: Oxford University; 2000: 335-42.
14. Gray JA. The neuropsychology of anxiety: An inquiry into the functions of the septal-hippocampal system. Behavioral and Brain Sciences. Oxford: Oxford University; 1982: 469-534.
15. Gray JA. Framework for taxonomy of psychiatric disorders. In: Goozen SHMV, Poll NEV, Sergeant J. (editors). Emotions: Essays on emotion theory. New Jersey: Erlbaum; 1994: 29-59.
16. Dawe S, Loxton NJ. The role of impulsivity in the development of substance use and eating disorders. Neurosci Biobehav Rev 2004; 28(3): 343-51.
17. Corr PJ. Reinforcement Sensitivity Theory (RST): Introduction. In: Corr PJ. (editor). Reinforcement sensitivity theory of personality. UK: Cambridge University; 2008: 349-59.
18. Corr PJ. Gray's reinforcement sensitivity theory: Tests of the joint subsystems hypothesis of anxiety and impulsivity. Pers Individ Dif 2002; 33: 511-32.
19. Le Bon O, Basiaux P, Streel E, Tecco J, Hanak C, Hansenne M, et al. Personality profile and drug of choice: A multivariate analysis using Cloninger’s TCI on heroin addicts, alcoholics, and a random population group. Drug Alcohol Depend 2004; 73(2): 175-82.
20. Pomerleau CS, Pomerleau OF , Flessland KA, Basson SM. Relationship of tridimensional personality questionnaire scores and smoking variables in female and male smokers. J Subst Abuse 1992; 4(2): 143-54.
21. Vukov M, Baba-Milkic N, Lecic D, Mijalkovic S, Marinkovic J. Personality dimensions of opiate addicts. Acta Psychiatrica 1995; 91(2): 103-7.
22. Franken IH, Muris P. BIS/BAS personality characteristics and college students’ substance use. Pers Individ Dif 2006; 40(7): 1497-503.
23. Johnson SL, Turner RJ, Iwata N. BIS/BAS Levels and psychiatric disorder: An epidemiological study. J Psychopathol Behav Assess 2003; 25: 25-36.
24. Fowles DC. Biological variables in psychopathology: A psychobiological perspective. In: Sutker PB, Adams HE (editors). Comprehensive handbook of psychopathology. 2nd ed. New York: Plenum; 1993: 57-82.
25. Genovese JEC, Wallace D. Reward sensitivity and substance abuse in middle school and high school students. J Genet Psychol 2007; 168: 465-9.
26. Hundt NE, Kimbrel, NA, Mitchell JT, Nelson-Gray RO. High BAS, but not low BIS, predicts externalizing symptoms in adults. Pers Individ Dif 2008; 44: 563-73.
27. Simons JS, Dvorak RD, Batien BD. Methamphetamine use in a rural college population: Associations with marijuana use, sensitivity to punishment, and sensitivity to reward. Psychol Addict Behav 2008; 22: 444-9.
28. Loxton NJ, Dawe S. Reward and punishment sensitivity in dysfunctional eating and hazardous drinking women: Associations with family risk. Appetite 2006; 47(3): 361-71.
29. Loxton NJ, Dawe S. How do dysfunctional eating and hazardous drinking women perform on behavioural measures of reward and punishment sensitivity. Pers Individ Dif 2007; 42(6): 1163-72.
30. Loxton NJ, Nguyen D, Casey L, Dawe S. Reward drive, rash impulsivity and punishment sensitivity in problem gamblers. Pers Individ Dif 2008; 45: 167-73.
31. O'Connor RM, Stewart SH, Watt MC. Distinguishing BAS risk for university students' drinking, smoking, and gambling behaviors. Personality and Individual Differences 2009; 46: 514-9.
32. Taylor J, Reeves M, James L, Bobadilla L. Disinhibitory trait profile and its relation to cluster B personality disorder features and substance use problems. Eur J Pers 2006; 20: 271-84.
33. Bijttebier P, Beck I, Claes L, Vandereycken W. Gray's Reinforcement Sensitivity Theory as a framework for research on Personality–psychopathology associations. Clin Psychol Rev 2009; 29: 421-30.
34. Hassani J, Bigdel I, Ghoshchian S. The activity of brain/behavioral systems in patients with obsessive-compulsive disorder in comparison with normal individuals. Cognitive sciences 2008; 9(4): 16-25. (Persian)
35. Jackson CJ. Jackson-5 scales of revised reinforcement sensitivity theory (r-RST) and their application to dysfunctional real world outcomes. J Res Pers 2009; 43: 556-69.
36. Cleveland HH, Harris KS. The role of coping in moderating within-day associations between negative triggers and substance use cravings: a daily diary investigation. Addict Behav 2010; 35(1): 60-3.
37. Blum K, Braverman ER, Holder JM, Lubar JF, Monastra VJ, Miller D, et al. Reward deficiency syndrome: A biogenetic model for the diagnosis and treatment of impulsive, addictive, and compulsive behaviors. J Psychoactive Drugs 2000; 32: 1-68.
38. Loxton NJ, Dawe S. Alcohol abuse and dysfunctional eating in adolescent girls: The influence of individual differences in sensitivity to reward and punishment. Int J Eat Disord 2001; 29: 455-62.
39. Moradi AA. Brain, behavior, and metal health in substance dependent individuals in comparison to healthy controls. Journal of fundamentals of mental health 2012; 13(4): 304-13. (Persian)
40. Abdi R, Roudsari AB, Aliloo MM. The sensitivity level of behavioral approach and inhibition systems in substance abusers, smokers and normal subjects. Iranian journal of psychiatry and clinical psychology 2011; 17(3): 241-7. (Persian)
41. Kambouropoulos N, Staiger PK. Reactivity to alcohol-related cues: Relationship among cue type, motivational processes, and personality. Psychol Addict Behav 2004; 18: 275-83.
42. Staiger PK, Kambouropoulos N, Dawe S. Should personality traits be considered when refining substance misuse treatment programs? Drug Alcohol Rev 2007; 26: 17-23.
43. Genovese JEC, Wallace D. Reward sensitivity and substance abuse in middle school and high school students. J Genet Psychol 2007; 168: 465-9.
44. Smillie LD, Pickering AD, Jackson CJ. The new reinforcement sensitivity theory: Implications for personality measurement. Pers Soc Psychol Rev 2006; 10: 320-35.
45. Perkins AM, Kemp SE, Corr PJ. Fear and anxiety as separable emotions: An investigation of the revised reinforcement sensitivity theory and personality. Emotion 2007; 7: 252-61.
46. Abdalehzade-Jeddi AMA, Hashemi-Nosratabad T, Moradi AR. The Role of brain behavioral systems in predicting of drug abuse. Journal of clinical psychology 2010; 2: 6. (Persian)