1. Harpman EJ. Gratitude in the history of ideas. In: Emmons RA, McCullough ME. (editors). The psychology of gratitude. New York: Oxford University; 2004: 19-36.
2. Wood AM, Froh JJ, Geraghty A. Gratitude and well-being: A review and theoretical integration. Clin Psychol Rev 2010; 30: 890-905.
3. McCullough ME, Emmons RA, Tsang J. The grateful disposition: A conceptual and empirical topography. J Pers Soc Psychol 2002; 82: 112-27.
4. Wood AM, Joseph S, Maltby J. Gratitude predicts psychological well-being above the big five facets. Pers Individ Dif 2009; 46: 443-7.
5. Emmons RA, McCullough ME. Counting blessings versus burdens: An experimental investigation of gratitude and subjective well-being in daily life. J Pers Soc Psychol 2003; 84: 377-89.
6. Wood AM, Joseph S, Maltby J. Gratitude uniquely predicts satisfaction with life: Incremental validity above the domains and facets of the five factor model. Pers Individ Dif 2008; 45: 49-54.
7. Tsang. J. Gratitude and prosocial behavior: an experimental test of gratitude. Cogn Emot 2006; 20: 138-48.
8. Algoe SB, Haidt J, Gable SL. Beyond reciprocity: Gratitude and relationships in everyday life. Emotion 2008; 8: 425-9.
9. Froh JJ, Yurkewicz C, Kashdan TB. Gratitude and subjective well-being in early adolescence: Examining gender differences. J Adolesc 2009; 32: 633-50.
10. Wood AM, Joseph S, Lloyd J, Atkins S. Gratitude influences sleep through the mechanism of pre-sleep cognitions. J Psychosom Res 2009; 66: 43-8.
11. Wood AM, Maltby J, Gillett R, Linley PA, Joseph S. The role of gratitude in the development of social support, stress, and depression: Two longitudinal studies. J Res Pers 2008; 42(4): 854-71.
12. Lasheni Z, Shaieri MR, Asgharimoghadam MA, Golzari M. The effect of teaching thankful strategies on positive emotions and happiness. Clinical psychology studies 2011; 4(1): 135-51.
13. Ragheb Isfahani H. [Translation and research on individual Quran words with lexical and didactic translation]. Khosravani Hoseini G. (translator). Tehran: Mortazavi; 2004: 461. (Persian)
14. Mansoori Kh. The relation between gratitude and actualization. [cited 2011]. Available from: URL; http://www.maarefquran.org/index.php/page,viewArticle/LinkID,3642.
15. McCullough ME, Emmons RA, Tsang JA. The grateful disposition: A conceptual and empirical topography. J Pers Soc Psychol 2002; 82: 112-27.
16. Adler MG, Fagley NS. Appreciation: Individual differences in finding value and meaning as a unique predictor of subjective well-being. J Pers 2005; 73: 79-114.
17. Watkins PC, Woodward K, Stone T, Kolts RL. Gratitude and happiness: Development of a measure of gratitude, and relationships with subjective wellbeing. Soc Behav Pers 2003; 31: 431-51.
18. Wood AM, Maltby J, Stewart N, Joseph S. Conceptualizing gratitude and appreciation as a unitary personality trait. Pers Individ Dif 2008; 44: 619-30.
19. The holy Quran. Third edition.Translator: Bahauddin, Khoramshahi. Tehran: Nilofar Publication.
20. Beck AT, Steer RA, Garbin MG. Psychometric properties of the Beck Depression Inventory: twenty-five years of evaluation. Clin Psychol Rev 1988; 8: 77-100.
21. Goodarzi MA. [The study of validity and reliability of the Beck hopelessness scale in a group of Shiraz university students]. Journal of social sciences and humanities of Shiraz University 2002; 18(2): 27-39. (Persian)
22. Serajzadeh SH. [Religious attitude of Tehran adolescence and its implications for secularization theory]. MA. Dissertation. Tarbiat Modarres University, 1998: 10-11, 105-7. (Persian)
23. Khodayarifard M, Ghobari banab B, Shekohi Yekta M. [Preparation of the religious attitude scale for students]. Journal of psychology 2000; 3: 49-66. (Persian)
24. Cattell R. The screen test for the number of factors. Multivariate Behav Res 1966; 1: 245-76.
25. Breen WE, Kashdan TB, Lenser ML, Fincham FD. Gratitude and forgiveness: Convergence and divergence on self-report and informant ratings. Pers Individ Dif 2010; 49: 932-7.