1. Blumberg SJ, Bramlett MD, Kogan MD, Schieve LA, Jones JR, Lu MC. Changes in prevalence of parent-reported autism spectrum disorder in school-aged US children: 2007 to 2011-2012. National Health Statistics Reports 2013; 65(20): 1-7.
2. Liao S-T, Hwang Y-S, Chen Y-J, Lee P, Chen S-J, Lin L-Y. Home-based DIR/Floortime™ intervention program for preschool children with autism spectrum disorders: Preliminary findings. Phys Occup Ther Pediatr 2014; 34(4): 356-67.
3. Kim YS, Leventhal BL, Koh Y-J, Fombonne E, Laska E, Lim E-C, et al. Prevalence of autism spectrum disorders in a total population sample. Am J Psychiatry 2011; 168(9): 904-12.
4. Boyd BA, Odom SL, Humphreys BP, Sam AM. Infants and toddlers with autism spectrum disorder: Early identification and early intervention. J Early Interv 2010; 32(2): 75-98.
5. Leach D, LaRocque M. Increasing social reciprocity in young children with autism. Interv Sch Clin 2011; 46(3): 150-6.
6. Coucouvanis J, Hallas D, Farley JN. Autism spectrum disorder. Child and adolescent behavioral health: A resource for advanced practice psychiatric and primary care practitioners in nursing. United Kingdom: Iowa State University; 2012: 238.
7. Ratajczak HV. Theoretical aspects of autism: Causes-A review. J Immunotoxicol 2011; 8(1): 68-79.
8. Shattock P. Role of neuropeptides in autism and their relationships with classical neurotransmitters. Brain Dysfunction 1990; 3: 328-46.
9. Odom SL, Boyd BA, Hall LJ, Hume K. Evaluation of comprehensive treatment models for individuals with autism spectrum disorders. J Autism Dev Disord 2010; 40(4): 425-36.
10. Greenspan SI, Wieder S. Developmental patterns and outcomes in infants and children with disorders in relating and communicating: A chart review of 200 cases of children with autistic spectrum diagnoses. J Dev Learn Disord 1997; 1: 87-142.
11. Dionne M, Martini R. Floor time play with a child with autism: A single-subject study. Can Journal of Occupat Ther 2011; 78(3): 196-203.
12. Lovaas OI, Freitag G, Gold VJ, Kassorla IC. Experimental studies in childhood schizophrenia: Analysis of self-destructive behavior. J Exp Child Psychol 1965; 2(1): 67-84.
13. Lovaas OI, Koegel R, Simmons JQ, Long JS. Some generalization and follow-up measures on autistic children in behavior therapy. J Appl Behav Anal 1973; 6(1): 131-65.
14. Greenspan SI, Wieder S. Engaging autism: Using the Floortime approach to help children relate, communicate, and think. Da Capo; 2009.
15. Amin Yazdi, SA. [Integrated development of humankind: Developmental, individual differences, relationship-based model (DIR)]. Principles of education research 2013; 2(1): 109-26. (Persian)
16. Greenspan SI, Wieder S, Simons R. The child with special needs: Encouraging intellectual and emotional growth. UK: Addison-Wesley/Addison Wesley Longman; 1998.
17. Solomon R, Necheles J, Ferch C, Bruckman D. Pilot study of a parent training program for young children with autism The Play Project Home Consultation program. Autism 2007; 11(3): 205-24.
18. Greenspan SI, Wieder S. Can children with autism master the core deficits and become empathetic, creative and reflective? A ten to fifteen year follow-up of a subgroup of children with autism spectrum disorders (ASD) who received a comprehensive developmental, individual-difference, relationship-based (DIR) approach. J Dev Learn Disord 2005; 9: 39-61.
19. Macks RJ, Reeve RE. The adjustment of non-disabled siblings of children with autism. J Autism Dev Disord 2007; 37(6): 1060-7.
20. Reichman NE, Corman H, Noonan K. Impact of child disability on the family. Maternal Child Health J 2008; 12(6): 679-83.
21. Brobst JB, Clopton JR, Hendrick SS. Parenting children with autism spectrum disorders the couple's relationship. Focus Autism Other Dev Disabil 2009; 24(1): 38-49.
22. Hastings RP. Child behavior problems and partner mental health as correlates of stress in mothers and fathers of children with autism. J Intellect Disabil Res 2003; 47(4‐5): 231-7.
23. Rao PA, Beidel DC. The impact of children with high-functioning autism on parental stress, sibling adjustment, and family functioning. Behav Modif 2009; 33(4): 437-51.
24. Johnson SL. Therapist's guide to pediatric affect and behavior regulation. USA: Academic; 2012.
25. Altiere MJ, von Kluge S. Searching for acceptance: Challenges encountered while raising a child with autism. J Intellect Dev Disabil 2009; 34(2): 142-52.
26. Miodrag N, Hodapp RM. Chronic stress and health among parents of children with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Curr Opin Psychiatry 2010; 23(5): 407-11.
27. Jalai Moghadam N, Puretemad HR, Saqdpur B, Khoshabi K, Chime N. [Coping techniques of parents whose children have advance developmental disorders]. Quarterly journal of family research 2008; 3: 761-74. (Persian)
28. Afshari R, Khoshabi K, Puretemad HR, Moradi S. [An investigation of ways of coping and mental health of mothers of ASD children]. Family research 2007; 2(7): 285-92.
29. Schieve LA, Rice C, Yeargin-Allsopp M, Boyle CA, Kogan MD, Drews C, et al. Parent-reported prevalence of autism spectrum disorders in US-born children: An assessment of changes within birth cohorts from the 2003 to the 2007 National Survey of Children’s Health. Maternal Child Health J 2012; 16(1): 151-7.
30. Greenspan SI, Wieder S. Infant and early childhood mental health: A comprehensive developmental approach to assessment and intervention. Washington. D.C.: American Psychiatric Association; 2007.
31. Hartley SL, Barker ET, Seltzer MM, Floyd F, Greenberg J, Orsmond G, et al. The relative risk and timing of divorce in families of children with an autism spectrum disorder. J Fam Psychol 2010; 24(4): 449.
32. Higgins DJ, Bailey SR, Pearce JC. Factors associated with functioning style and coping strategies of families with a child with an autism spectrum disorder. Autism 2005; 9(2): 125-37.
33. Cridland EK, Jones SC, Magee CA, Caputi P. Family-focused autism spectrum disorder research: A review of the utility of family systems approaches. Autism 2014; 18(3): 213-22.
34. Dunst CJ, Trivette CM, Hamby DW. Meta‐analysis of family‐centered help giving practices research. Mental Retard Dev Disabil Res Rev 2007; 13(4): 370-8.
35. Gall M, Walter B, Joyce G. [Qualitative and quantities method of psychology and educational sciences]. Ahmad Reza N. (translator). Tehran: Samt; 2005: l. (Persian)
36. Greenspan J, Greenspan SI. Functional emotional developmental questionnaire (FEDQ) for childhood: A preliminary report on the questions and their clinical meaning. J Dev Learn Disord 2002; 6: 71-116.
37. Karimian J. [An investigation of functional emotional development of preschool children with ADHD symptoms in comparison with normal children from DIR approach]. MA. Dissertation. Mashhad: Ferdowsi University of Mashhad, College of psychology and educational sciences, 2012.
38. Greenspan SI, Shanker S. The first idea: How symbols, language, and intelligence evolved from our primate ancestors to modern humans. Da Capo; 2006.
39. Nee JE. Behavior and developmental treatment models for autism spectrum disorders: Factors guiding clinician preference and perceptions. MS. Dissertation. Social Work Clinical Research Papers, 2013: 238.
40. Hersen M, Barlow DH. Single case experimental designs: Strategies for studying behavior change. New York: Pergamon; 1976.
41. Becker LA. Effect size (ES). [cited Oct 2000]. Available from: URL; http://web.uccs.edu/lbecker/Psy590/es.htm
42. Aali S, AminYazdi SA, Abdekhodaei MS, Moharreri F, Ghanaei Chamanabad A. The profile of functional emotional development of children with autism spectrum disorders from the perspective of developmental, individual differences (DIR), relationship-based approach. Int J Pediatrics 2014; 2(4): 245-56.
43. Greenspan SI, Shanker S. The first idea: How symbols, language, and intelligence evolved from our primate ancestors to modern humans: Da Capo; 2006.
44. Pajareya K, Nopmaneejumruslers K. A pilot randomized controlled trial of DIR/Floortime™ parent training intervention for pre-school children with autistic spectrum disorders. Autism 2011; 15(5): 563-77.
45. Szatmari P, Archer L, Fisman S, Streiner DL, Wilson F. Asperger's syndrome and autism: Differences in behavior, cognition, and adaptive functioning. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 1995; 34(12): 1662-71.
46. Sofronoff K, Farbotko M. The effectiveness of parent management training to increase self-efficacy in parents of children with Asperger syndrome. Autism 2002; 6(3): 271-86.
47. Mahoney G, Perales F. Using relationship-focused intervention to enhance the social-emotional functioning of young children with autism spectrum disorders. Top Early Childhood Spec Educ 2003; 23(2): 74-86.
48. Wieder S, Greenspan SI. Climbing the symbolic ladder in the DIR model through floor time/interactive play. Autism 2003; 7(4): 425-35.
49. Johnson SL. Therapist's guide to pediatric affect and behavior regulation. USA: Academic; 2012.
50. Keen D, Couzens A, Muspratt S, Rodger S. The effects of a parent-focused intervention for children with a recent diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder on parenting stress and competence. Res Autism Spectr Disord 2010; 4(2): 229-41.
51. Matson JL, Nebel-Schwalm M. Assessing challenging behaviors in children with autism spectrum disorders: A review. Res Dev Disabil 2007; 28(6): 567-79.
52. Matson JL, Hattier MA, Belva B. Treating adaptive living skills of persons with autism using applied behavior analysis: A review. Res Autism Spectr Disord 2012; 6(1): 271-6.
53. Khoramabadi R, Pouretemad HR, Tahmasian K. [A comparative study of parental stress in mothers of autistic and non autistic children]. Journal of family research 2009; 5: 388-99. (Persian)
54. Hoffman CD, Sweeney DP, Hodge D, Lopez-Wagner MC, Looney L. Parenting stress and closeness mothers of typically developing children and mothers of children with autism. Focus Autism Other Dev Disabil 2009; 24(3): 178-87.
55. Whittingham K, Sofronoff K, Sheffield J, Sanders MR. Stepping stones triple p: An RCT of a parenting program; 2009.
56. Powers M. Children with autism and their families. Children with autism: A parent’s guide; 1989: 105-39.
57. Ivey JK. What do parents expect? A study of likelihood and importance issues for children with autism spectrum disorders. Focus Autism Other Dev Disabil 2004; 19(1): 27-33.